With the arrival of new South Korean native chef Hwang In Yong, Sky22 at Courtyard by Marriott Singapore Novena has introduced a Korean theme weekend buffet for a limited time only. Emphasising traditional dishes and modern adaptions of the Korean cuisine, guests can indulge in a massive gastronomic spread of Korea fare that covers the usual classics like Samgye-tang (Ginseng Chicken Soup), Haemul Pajeon (Seafood Pancake), Galbi Jjim (Braised Beef Short Ribs), Sundubu Jiigae (Soft Tofu Stew), Goon Mandu (Pan-Fried Dumplings), and Tteok-bokki (Spicy Stir-Fried Rice Cake) just to name a few.
Sky22’s Korean Fare Buffet also offers a selection of street-food-style dishes such as Dakgangjeong (Sweet and Spicy Fried Chicken Cubes), Ojinggeo Sundae (Stuffed Squid), Gyeranppang (Egg Bread) and Fried Chicken Cutlet Cheese Roll. Chow down on unlimited serving of Banchan (Korean side dishes/salad), assorted Gimbap (Seaweed Rice Rolls) and Korean Kimchi varieties (Pickled Vegetable), and bulk up endlessly on Bibimbap (Korean Mixed Rice Bowl) in DIY-style (Do It Yourself).
If you think these are not enough, head on to Sky22‘s Steam & Grill Seafood section, where you can enjoy seafood selection such as crabs, tiger prawns, scallops, clams and sea snails, along with house-made Doenjang (soy bean paste) sauces.
Sky22 Korean Buffet Line Selection
- Steam & Grill Seafood Bar — Crabs / Tiger prawns / Scallops / Clams / Sea snails
- Kimchi — Baechu Kimchi / Oi Kimchi / Kkakdugi / Geotjeori
- Banchan (On Rotation) — Baechu-Namul / Dotorimuk Muchim / Nakji Bokkeum / Dak-Gogi Naengchae / Yangbaechu Saelleodeu / Gamja Saelleodeu
- Gimbap — Cucumber & Egg / Crabstick & Vegetables / Yellow Daikon & Vegetables
- DIY Bibim Bar — Rice / Japchae / Mixed Green / Kale / Romaine / Spinach / Beansprouts / Carrot Julienne / Corn / Sauteed Zucchini / Onion / Shitake Mushrooms / Radish / Red Cabbage / Kimchi / Beef Bulgogi / Grilled Chicken / Spicy Pork Belly / Egg / Seaweed / Pickles / Sesame Seeds / Scallions / Gochujiang / Garlic Soy Sauce / Sesame Ginger / Sweet Soy Sauce
- Soup (On Rotation) — Kimchi Soup / Deonjang Soup / Sundubu Jjigae / Samgyetang
- Mains & Sides (On Rotation) — Chicken Cheese Roll Katsu / Dak Gang Jeong / Braised Kimchi Pork Ribs / Braised Short Ribs / Korean Stuffed Squid / Kimchi Ggongchi Jjim / Doenjang Glazed Salmon / Goon Mandu / Kimchi Fried Rice / Tteok Bokki / Japchae / Gyeranbbang / Jeon Haemul / Pajeon
- Desserts (On Rotation) — Songpyeon / Yakgwa / Yul-Ian / Sikhye / Hotteok / Kkultarae / Green Tea Cream Brulee / Milk Pannacotta with Red Bean & Almond / Cake Rolls / Strawberry Shortcake / Seasonal Fresh Fruits
Rounding off Sky22 Korean Fare Buffet with slightly less familiar Korean Sweets on rotation include Songpyeon (Traditional Rice Cakes), Yakgwa (Deep Fried Honey Cookies), Yul-Ian (Chestnut Balls), Kkultarae (Korean Dragon’s Beard Candy) and Hotteok (Korean Sweet Pancakes).
Sky22 Korean Fare Buffet is available from 15 March to 28 April 2019 for a limited period — Lunch on Saturday and Sunday from 12pm to 2:30pm and Dinner on Friday and Saturday 6pm to 10pm. Priced at $56++ per head and half price for children aged between 6 to 12 years; with optional supplement of $12++ for free-flow soft drinks and juices or $28++ for free-flow house pour wines, prosecco and soft drinks.
SKY 22 – COURTYARD BY MARRIOTT SINGAPORE NOVENA
Location: 99 Irrawaddy Road, Courtyard Singapore Novena, Level 22, Singapore 329568
Tel: +65 6378 2040