Discover flavours of Singapore from a fresh perspective with the first edition of Singapore Restaurant Festival (SRF) organised by the Restaurant Association of Singapore (RAS).
Featuring special menus and offers at over 200 participating F&B outlets, which means you can enjoy far more cuisines over this three-month period from 1st of July till 30th of September 2017.
In conjunction with the Singapore Food Festival (14 to 30 July 2017), each F&B establishment will highlight a locally-inspired dish for the Singapore Restaurant Festival 2017.
Diners can expect traditional and modern dishes such as Chicken Rice Risotto from Joo Bar, Chilli Crab from Palm Beach Seafood, and Chicken Tikka Pizza from Cali Café and Bar. These dishes will be available throughout the festival at the participating F&B brands below.
- Bangkok Jam (Thai)—Battered Seabass Fillet with Sambal Sauce
- Barossa (Western)—Singapore Sling
- Cali Café and Bar (Western)—Chicken Tikka Pizza
- Chui Huay Lim (Teochew Cuisine)—Chinese Teochew Braised Duck
- Eatzi Gourmet Bistro (Western)—Nasi Goreng with Prawns & Chicken Satay
- E!GHT Korean BBQ (Korean)—Har Jeong-flavoured Mangalitsa pork belly
- Equilibrium (Western)—Sambal Chicken Pizza
- Fatty Weng Restaurant (Chinese)—Deep Fried Soon Hock Fish
- Fremantle Seafood Market (Western)—Singapore Chilli Crab
- Goldleaf Restaurant (Chinese)—Goldleaf Prawn Roll
- Hua Ting Restaurant (Chinese)—Black Pepper Crab
- Hei Sushi (Japanese)—Aburi Moriawase
- Hoshino Coffee (Japanese)—Omu Soufflé on Tomato Risotto with Shrimp and Broccoli
- Ishizuchi Sake Bar (Japanese)—Chashu Pastilla
- Jack’s Place (Western)—Jack’s Sambal Steak
- J Café (Local Delights)—Hainanese Chicken Rice
- Jin Shan Lou (Chinese)—Fried Fragrant Prawns with Butter and Salted Egg Crumbs
- Joo Bar (Korean)—Chicken Rice Risotto
- JUMBO Seafood (Chinese)-—JUMBO Award-Winning Chilli Crab
- Jumping Jack (Western)—Laksa Slipper Lobster
- JPOT (Singaporean-style)—Hot Pot Silky Porridge Soup Base
- Katong Kitchen Buffet (International and Peranakan)—Durian desserts
- Kazbar (Middle Eastern)—Lebanese Singaporean Cocktail
- MUSEO (Asian Fusion)—Crispy Baby Octopus
- NG AH SIO Bak Kut Teh (Chinese)—Signature Bak Kut Teh (Premium Spare Ribs)
- Omar Shariff Authentic Indian Cuisine (Indian)—Omar Shariff Tandoori Mix Grill Sizzler
- Palm Beach Seafood Restaurant (Chinese)—Chilli Crab
- Patara Fine Thai Cuisine (Thai)—Morning Glory with Sambal Sauce
- Peach Garden (Chinese)—Chilled Black Glutinous Rice with Ice Cream in Young Coconut (Bubur Pulut Hitam)
- PuTien (Chinese)—Lor Mee
- Restaurant Hoshigaoka (Japanese)—Black Pepper Beef Set
- Sakae Sushi (Japanese)—Collagen Hotpot
- Sakae Teppanyaki (Japanese)—Premium Sakae Set
- Saltwater Buffet (International and Grill)—Rojak
- Seoul Yummy (Korean)—Ginseng Chicken Soup
- Shio & Pepe Japanese-Italian Kitchen (Fusion)—I Love SG Gelato
- Singapore Seafood Republic (Chinese)—Black Pepper Crab
- Straits Café Buffet (International and Local)—Laksa
- SUN with MOON Japanese Dining & Café (Japanese)—Singapore Sling Highball
- Supply & Demand (Western)—Maiale Orientale (Pasta)
- Swensen’s (Western)—Black Pepper Seafood Pasta
- Tandoor (Indian)—Mango Curry
- Takujo Japanese Dining (Japanese)—Wagyu Yakimeshi
- The Asian Kitchen (Chinese)—Roast Triple Plate
- The Banana Leaf Apolo (Indian)—Apolo Fish Head Curry
- TFS Private Works (Japanese)—TFS Kueh Pie Tee
- The Soup Spoon (Western)—Asian Tofu
- The Soup Spoon Union (Western)—Asian Tofu
- Tongkang Riverboat Dining (Western)—Singapore Sling
- TungLok Heen (Chinese)—Our Laksa
- TungLok Seafood (Chinese)—TungLok Chilli Crab
- TungLok Signatures (Chinese)—TungLok Soya Chicken
- TungLok XiHé Peking Duck (Chinese)—TungLok Curry King Prawns
- TungLok Teahouse (Chinese)—Fried Assorted Vegetables served in Yam Ring
- Umi + Vino Seafood Wine Bar (Japanese)—Trio of Asian Sliders
- Xin Cuisine Chinese Restaurant (Chinese)—Singapore Chilli Crab with Merlion Mantou
- Yum Cha Restaurant (Chinese)—Chilli Prawn Balls
Highlights of SRF 2017 Events
The line-up of special events for the Singapore Restaurant Festival 2017 is outstanding, from the opportunity to taste popular local dishes and win lucky draw prizes to unique new events featuring talented home cooks to complete in a star chef competition.
1. Salted Egg Shiok’ campaign via www.saltedeggshiok.com – Post a photo of any salted egg dishes in Singapore from July to December 2017 to the ‘shiok-o-meter’ by hashtagging #saltedeggshiok and stand a chance to win prizes in the grand lucky draw, including additional prizes from bi-monthly polls on the website.
2. Star Chef Competition (Home Edition) 2017 – Open to all contestants between the age of 21 years old and 38 years old with no professional experience in kitchen operations.
- Each team of two (total 16 teams) are expected to prepare an appetiser (seafood, hot/cold), and a main course (meat/poultry).
- A nominal competition fee of $53.50 per person includes access to equipment and a full pantry, as well as a pre-competition masterclass with one of the judges Chef Eric Low, will be held on 12 August 2017 from 9am to 1pm at the Asian Culinary Institute.
- The competition will be held on 26 August 2017 from 8am to noon and 1pm to 5pm at the Asian Culinary Institute in Paya Lebar.
- Teams stand to win cash prizes worth $500 (Champion), $300 (First Runner Up), and $200 (Second Runner Up), and walk away with a certificate.
- Entry to Star Chef Competition –
3. Discounted Dining Vouchers – DBS and POSB card members can purchase dining vouchers at a special price of $70/set (total value worth $100) from selected restaurant outlets and can be used at any participating restaurants.
For full details of the Singapore Restaurant Festival 2017, please visit the official website at www.singaporerestaurantfestival.com
Related Links and Websites
Singapore Restaurant Festival: https://www.singaporerestaurantfestival.com/
Restaurant Association of Singapore: http://ras.org.sg/
Singapore Tourism Board: https://www.stb.gov.sg/
Your Singapore: http://www.visitsingapore.com/en.html
Singapore Chefs Association: http://www.singaporechefs.com/