Heritage brand Tan Seng Kee Foods Pte Ltd (TSK Foods) has launched its Kang Kang (康康) Express Meal Kit, which come with fresh, pasteurised noodles and fragrant, freshly ground spice packs featuring THREE well-loved local dishes – Prawn Mee Soup, Curry Mee, and Laksa.
Each single serve packet provides a hearty meal redolent with the traditional tastes of a home-cooked meal and is ideal for easy preparation at the office or home. At less than three dollars a package, you can turn instant noodles into a perfectly satisfying dish that boast tons of flavor and innovation, while still maintaing their dignity.
The Kang Kang Express Meal Kits can be prepared within a matter of minutes using TWO convenient methods and each encompassing just THREE simple steps to achieve the most delicious results.
1. In The Microwave – Kang Kang Express Meal Kit
- Place ambient water (follow recommended amount on packaging) into a bowl and add the fresh spice paste provided in each meal kit. Mix well.
- Add the fresh noodles (no blanching or washing needed).
- Microwave on HIGH for four minutes and serve.
2. Over The Stove – Kang Kang Express Meal Kit
- Empty the fresh spice paste provided in each meal kit into a pot containing ambient water (follow recommended amount on packaging).
- Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Once it comes to the boil, add fresh noodles and simmer for another two minutes before serving.
Cooking with Kang Kang Express Meal Kit is so easy – even Kids can do it!
Kang Kang Express Meal Kit Fact Sheet
- Utilises state of the art pasteurisation technology.
- Has a prolonged shelf life of 30 days in ambient conditions.
- Last up to six months when kept chilled.
- Contains all natural ingredients.
- Free from preservatives.
- Noodles are ready to use straight out of the pack.
- Does not require any washing or blanching.
The Moment Of Truth – Taste Test of Kang Kang Express Meal Kit
I had a try at cooking my own Laksa noodles using Kang Kang Express Meal Kit. All I did was to empty the package from the noodle kit (same as the instructions above) and dress up my bowl with additional ingredients such as vegetables and yong tau foo.
The pack features the familiar laksa noodle – a springy rice vermicelli and the typical flavours of a laksa broth, as though I was eating out from my usual laksa stall.
Also tried the Prawn Mee Soup and Curry Mee, both results were the same – very intense flavours of the prawn broth and curry gravy. The yellow noodles do not have a bitter aftertaste as the alkalinity level was significantly reduced after the pasteurisation process, hence improving the taste and texture profiles of the noodles.
Cooking with Kang Kang Fresh Noodle Express Meal Kit was really quick and easy. Most importantly, the noodles tasted good too.
Kang Kang(康康) Express Meal Kit
Availability: Selected Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
Recommended Retail Price: $2.95