Chinese New Year is the grandest festival for many people and food plays a big part in celebration of the Chinese New Year. I have gathered some remarkable dishes that symbolises luck, wealth and good health; and at the same time they also represent excellence in concept, quality and execution from the restaurants’ master chefs.
The festive fry-up dishes and snacks, sugary and boozy drinks are unlikely to give you anything more than a short-lived stomach upset. Overindulging in good food too often could also be storing up tummy trouble for yourself. GAVISCON helps you to manage that season of overindulgence and what better way to celebrate the New Year than with delicious dishes to enjoy and also stand a chance of winning attractive cash prizes.
Eat Well, Celebrate & Digest Well with GAVISCON – CNY 2016 Photo Contest
Celebrate the beauty of food through photography – Submit your Instagram snaps with a creative caption to #CNYHoChiak and #GavisconSG, from 1st January to 29th February 2016. Three weekly Ang Pow cash prizes of $188 over six weeks, and a grand cash prize of S$1,188 will be up for grabs, brought to you by GAVISCON. Make sure your Instagram account is set to public.
Alternatively, you can email your entries to GavisconSG@rb.com with the email subject: Gaviscon Chinese New Year “Eat Well, Celebrate Well“; attach your entry photo with your caption including your name and mobile number.
- Grand Prize: CASH Ang Pow worth S$1,188
- Weekly Prizes: CASH Ang Pow worth S$188 x 3 (for 6 consecutive weeks)
The GAVISCON Chinese New Year Photo Contest runs from 1st January 2016 to 29th February 2016. This is a free contest to enter – Visit www.gaviscon.com.sg for more information.
Best Chinese New Year Dishes To Celebrate The Year Of The Monkey
1. Emperor Herbal Chicken in A Basket – Park Hotel Clarke Quay (http://www.parkhotelgroup.com/clarkequay/)
Available in Park Hotel Clarke Quay Lunar New Year Set Menu – Fortune Set Menu $518 Nett for 10 person.
2. Rainbow Lobster and Crab Meat Lo Hei – Park Hotel Clarke Quay (http://www.parkhotelgroup.com/clarkequay/)
Available at Park Hotel Clarke Quay in two sizes – small for 4 to 6 persons at $68++ and large for 7 to 10 persons at $98++.
3. Braised Six Head Abalone with Sea Treasures – Jade Restaurant The Fullerton Hotel (http://www.fullertonhotel.com/)
Available at Jade Restaurant a la carte menu at $58++ per person.
4. Roasted Duck in Foie Gras Sauce with Sour Plum Guava Jelly – Jade Restaurant The Fullerton Hotel (http://www.fullertonhotel.com/)
Available at Jade Restaurant a la carte menu at $23 – quarter portion, $46 – half portion, $92 – whole duck.
5. Gong Xi Fa Cai – Min Jiang (http://www.goodwoodparkhotel.com/)
Available at Min Jiang at $298++ for eight person.
6. Stewed Ginseng Chicken Wrapped in Cabbage – Red House Seafood (http://redhouseseafood.com/)
Available in Red House Seafood Reunion Dinner Set Menu – Harmonious Set Menu at $588 for ten person.
7. Steamed Red Grouper in Superior Soya Sauce with Soybean Crumbs – Park Hotel Clarke Quay (http://www.parkhotelgroup.com/clarkequay/)
Available in Park Hotel Clarke Quay Lunar New Year Set Menu – Harmony Set Menu $388 Nett for 6 person / Prosperity Set Menu $618 for 10 person.
8. Chilled Asparagus – Crystal Jade Dining IN (http://www.crystaljade.com/)
Available in Crystal Jade Dining IN a la carte menu at $20++.
Full details about the featured dishes including other Chinese New Year menu offerings above via my CNY2016 Guide or visit the respective websites.