About OPPA Chicken
What’s the story behind OPPA Chicken?
The story of OPPA Chicken began when owner Debz Wu found herself falling in love with anything Korea during her long vacation in Seoul. Debz sees the country busting with places eating fried chicken and beer (chimaek – the Korean eating culture), she decided to bring the chimaek trend home.
On a side note, the name ‘OPPA’ came about because Debz noticed that a horde of Korean girls chasing after celebrities screaming “Oppa! Oppa!! Oppa!” which totally work as one of the simplest yet most appropriate name to remember.
The irony is that you will not find any oppa working in the restaurant, but a team of perky and friendly female crew lead by the good looking lady owner – which was the kind of concept Debz wanted. Says Debz, “Maybe I’ll hire some cute looking and REAL Korean Oppas in the near future”.
Why did you chose to open OPPA Chicken at South Bridge Road?
I wanted OPPA Chicken to be strategically located at the heart of the CBD corridor, so that my customers will not face any problems coming from Chinatown and Tanjong Pagar.
What are your unique selling points at OPPA Chicken?
- OPPA Chicken works with a leading poultry producer in Singapore and ensures that all their poultry products are processed locally for optimum freshness.
- OPPA Chicken imports individual ingredients and raw materials directly from Korea.
- OPPA Chicken wants every customer to indulge in the Chimaek culture without having to break their wallets.
OPPA Chicken Must Try Dishes
- Honey Garlic Chicken ($13.90 Small, $22.90 Medium , $38.90 Large)
- Soy Garlic Chicken ($13.90 Small, $22.90 Medium, $38.90 Large)
- OPPA Chicken Original ($12.90 Small, $20.90 Medium, $36.90 Large)
- OPPA Topokki ($6.90 Level 1-3)
- Crispy Cuts ($5.90 Seaweed Fries, Sweet Potato Fries)
- Watermelon Soju
What I like most about OPPA Chicken?
My bill has absolutely no extra taxes and service charge – and can still enjoy having my food served with care rather than thrown on the table. Standard portions are big; sharing is always a good idea.
The idea of putting wet wipes in a novelty packaging was kind of quirky, but comes really handy.
The lunch deal is really amazing. For only $8.90 nett, customers get the Korean Japchae with 4 winglets of their choice flavours. Top up a dollar to trade the Korean Japchae for a Kimchi Seaweed Fried Rice.
OPPA Chicken Christmas Giveaway
For every $10 spent at OPPA Chicken, customers can earn for themselves 1 credit. Accumulate the credits (multiple receipts allowed) to redeem attractive home and lifestyle products from Korea.
Last date for redemption by 31 January 2016.
DBS and POSB Credit/Debit Card Members
- Free Crispy Side with every medium OPPA Chicken ordered
- Buy 2 Beer Bottles and get 1 FREE with every large OPPA chicken ordered
Promotion valid till 31st October 2016. Not valid on eve and public holidays. DBS Lifestyle terms and conditions apply.
UOB Credit/Debit Card Members
- 1-for-1 Crispy Sides with every order of OPPA Chicken
- All Day 1-for-1 Beverages (including Beer) with every order of OPPA Chicken
Promotion valid till 31st January 2016. Not valid on eve and public holidays. UOB Dining terms and conditions apply.
OPPA CHICKEN – Singapore
Address: 274 South Bridge Road, Singapore 058823
Reservations: +65 6221 5217
Opening Hours: 11am to 4pm and 5pm to 10pm (Mondays to Saturdays)