Inconspicuously tucked away in a quiet area of Nassim Hill just next to the Tanglin Post Office, Nassim Hill Bakery Bistro Bar has probably everything your heart desires. A bakery at dawn, bistro at noon and a bar in the evening, this three-in-one concept offers an extensive menu of wholesome all-day breakfast from 8am till 4pm, hearty lunch from 11am till 4pm, thereafter dinner commence as early as from 4pm till late.
Think Eggs Benedict, Soufflé Omelette, Cheddar Cheese Bacon Waffles, Brioche French Toast are just some of the breakfast favourites available. The breakfast menu comprises a total of ten egg-centric dishes, seven entrees and a selection of freshly baked artisanal breads and pastries which you can choose from.
Coffee are brewed with beans from Liberty Coffee, whereas gourmet teas are served from the Gryphon Tea Company.
If you like to begin your day with a refreshing cocktail, Nassim Hill Bakery is notorious for its longest Happy Hour, which arises in the morning as early as 8am till late in the evening by 8pm. Some of their signature cocktails include the Raspberry Lychee Ice Tea, Wicked Calamansi Sour and Dirty Sriracha Bloody Mary.
The lunch menu features a wide array of light bites, sandwiches, entrees, pastas and pizzas. Indulge in some classic dishes with a spin such as the spicy and tangy Chilli Crab Spaghetti, Hot Reuben sandwich made with the signature Guinness Stout bread, or healthier alternatives like the Detox Salad featuring mixed mesclun greens with fresh avocados, red quinoa, red capsicum, cranberries and other goodness.
Nassim Hill Bakery is also a good spot for dinner and unwind with a tipple – check out the imported beers and ciders on tap, as well as signature cocktails and labelled wines available for choice. For the steak lovers who are sure to be exercising their jaws in satisfaction, suss out the nuances of grain-fed angus beef on top of its juiciness and tenderness. The 500gm T-bone steak ($65) is the latest special introduced on the dinner menu.
Other new scrumptious additions include the Tonkatsu ($21) – Panko crusted pork loin with sous vide egg and red cabbage slaw; Seared Sea Bass ($25) – with shiitake mushrooms, sautéed spinach and edamame; and Kale Caesar ($17) – kale with anchovy dressing, sliced egg, garlic croutons, parmesan crumbs and prosciutto chips.
You would have heard many good things about Nassim Hill Bakery Bistro Bar before my post. However, if you are reading this now, it might seems that you have not visited this unpretentious bistro, or probably need a revisit soon.
While not on the main shopping belt of Orchard, Nassim Hill Bakery Bistro Bar is easy enough to find even without a GPS. Here are some directional tips for the first timers if you are not driving.
- Coming from Napier Road/Holland Road, alight from bus (7, 77, 105, 106, 123, 174) at bus stop opposite British Council (09149) on Napier Road and walk towards the Tanglin Post Office.
- Coming from Orchard Boulevard/Grange Road, alight from bus (7, 75, 77, 105, 106, 111, 123, 132, 174 ) at Grange Residences bus stop on (09131) on Grange Road and walk towards the cross junction of Tanglin where you will see the building in the picture below.
- Coming from opposite Redhill MRT/Tanglin Road, alight from bus (111, 132) at bus stop after British Council (13201) on Tanglin Road and walk towards the cross junction of Tanglin where you will see the building in the picture below.
- Coming from Orchard MRT, walking is possible but may take you 10-15 minutes stroll heading towards Tanglin Road direction. Otherwise, take a bus from the bus stops along Orchard Boulevard towards Grange Road / Tanglin Road.
- Still cannot figure out the directions? Take a cab at your convenience.
Nassim Hill Bakery Bistro Bar (Tanglin Post Office)
Address: 56 Tanglin Rd, #01-03 Tanglin Post Office, Singapore 247964
Telephone: +65 6835 1128
Opening Hours: Tuesday to Saturday 8am to 11pm, Sunday 8am to 10pm, Closed on Monday