Eclairs are the labour of love, but the reward is decadent mouthful of crisp pastry oozing creamy custard.
Look around L’ECLAIR pastry cases and you may notice something new; it’s the first eclair boutique cafe in Singapore that produces freshly made eclairs with bold, bright and unexpected flavours. The best of all, they are aesthetically pleasing to the eye and very Instagram photo-worthy.
There’s little not to like about the gorgeous looking and decadent tasting choux pastries that have given much attention to me when I tried L’ECLAIR last year. The easy-to-eat dessert pastries are filled with sweet creams and topped with meringue, caramel or sculpted slabs of chocolate, as well as other seasonal fillings and toppings.
L’ECLAIR serves up to 10 eclair flavours each day, priced from $7.50 to $8.50 inclusive of 7% gst and no service charge.
The Matcha and Earl Grey eclairs (below) I had were made from high quality ingredients such as imported French butter, premium matcha and earl grey tea and quality chocolates.
ECLAIR FLAVOURS (Up to 10 types daily)
- VANILLA & PECANS – Vanilla cream, white chocolate vanilla glaze, caramelised pecans.
- DARK CHOCOLATE – Mexique 66% dark chocolate cream, cocoa glaze, cocoa streusel.
- SALTED CARAMEL – Salted caramel cream, milk chocolate salted caramel glaze, caramelised popcorn.
- ISPAHAN – Light rose cream, lychees, fresh raspberries.
Seasonal Collection (Limited quantity)
- MANGO PASSIONFRUIT – Mango and passionfruit cream, dried mango bits.
- MATCHA – Matcha cream, white chocolate glaze.
- BANANA & WALNUT – Light banana cream, banana caramel glaze, walnut streusel.
- LEMON MERINGUE – Lemon cream, torched meringue.
- EARL GREY – Earl grey cream, milk chocolate earl grey cream, fresh blueberries.
- PISTACHIO – Light pistachio cream, feuilletine, chopped pistachios, fresh strawberries.
Currently only one item on the savoury menu, which is L’ECLAIR signature chicken and bacon pie ($12) served with a side of salad.
Beverages ($3.50 – $10.00) include a selection of loose tea from Betjeman & Barton, coffee (beans from La Ristrettos) and speciality handcrafted sodas from Citizen Pop.
THE BOUTIQUE SPACE
Seating Capacity: About 40 person
Indoor: Fully Air-conditioned (No alfresco seating)
Decor: Parisan Theme
ABOUT THE FOUNDERS – BAKERS
Sarah Tan (right) and Michelle Looi (left) started baking at a young age of 14, both graduated from Le Cordon Bleu, Paris in 2013. Established L’ECLAIR online making waves all over social media and started hosting pop-up cafes (Dînette) at Three Years In The Balloon and Artistry in 2014, then officially opened their brand new pastry store at 190 Clemenceau Avenue on 5th July 2015.
Address: 190 Clemenceau Avenue, #01-28,
Singapore Shopping Centre, Singapore 239924
Nearest MRT: Dhoby Ghaut Station
Opening Hours (Closed on Monday)
Tuesday to Friday: 11am to 8pm
Saturday: 11am to 9pm
Sunday: 11am to 6pm
General Enquires: email@example.com
Private orders: firstname.lastname@example.org