Ushering in an auspicious Year of The Goat, the grand dame on Scotts Road – Goodwood Park Hotel team of award-winning chefs from Min Jiang, Min Jiang at One-North and creative Pastry team introduces its treasured selection of festive gourmet delights, prosperity signatures and special dine-in menus.
Headlining the festive menu are new and noteworthy Prosperity Specials include Joy of Abundance – a salt-crusted delight consisting of the rarely-seen eel maw; Braised Pork Belly in Tianjin Cabbage Roll with Sea Treasures; Kanpachi with Tuna ‘Yu Sheng’ and Durian ‘Nian Gao’ Roll.
NEW PROSPERITY SPECIALS
Available for dine-in and takeaway* from 5 February to 5 March 2015 at Min Jiang and Min Jiang at One-North.
1) Kanpachi and Tuna ‘Yu Sheng’ 黄尾鱼金枪鱼捞生 $138 – large (one size only) (Dine-in only at Min Jiang) – A glorious platter of pristine goodness to mark the start of a happy occasion, this new creation by Master Chef Chan Hwan Kee (曾繁基) of Min Jiang features a lofty stack of mesclun greens, strips of radish, carrot, red ginger, jellyfish and fried silver cod fish, pine nuts, topped with sweet potato and yam crisps, and finished off with ground peanuts, sesame seeds as well as ‘pok choy’ (crispy golden ‘pillows’) tossed in a balanced plum-wasabi-lime juice sauce. The ultra-fresh seafood stars of kanpachi and tuna complete this celebration must-have.
2) Assorted Fruits and Vegetables ‘Lo Hei’ 鸿运水果蔬菜捞起 $80 – small / $130 – large (Dine-in only at Min Jiang at One-North) – Toss to a refreshing start to the new year with this picture-perfect masterpiece by Master Chef Goh Chee Kong (吴志光)of Min Jiang at One-North. Artfully arranged delicate plum slices are topped with pomelo-mango bits, and enhanced with an assortment of dragonfruit, mango, rock melon and cucumber. Crushed peanuts, sesame seeds, toasted pine nuts as well as yam, sweet potato and seaweed crisps add fragrance and provide a crunchy textural contrast. A dressing made of mustard, sesame sauce and fruit juice provides an appetising finish.
3) Joy of Abundance 好运鲤鱼过丰年 $298 for six persons (Dine-in and takeaway at Min Jiang) – An impressive centrepiece for the table, this luxe handcrafted dish by Master Chef Chan Hwan Kee is adorned with two beautiful koi swimming in a sea of wealth that encases sumptuous sea treasures within. Invite guests to partake in ‘releasing’ the bounty of good fortune by breaking open the salt crust and then feasting on scrumptious eel maw stuffed with dace fish paste, Australian 10-head abalones, dried oysters, dried scallops, flower mushrooms and ‘fa cai’ (black moss).
4) Braised Pork Belly in Tianjin Cabbage Roll with Sea Treasures 金鲍白菜卷海味锅 $248 for six persons (Dine-in and takeaway at Min Jiang at One-North) – Truly a masterpiece of braising, Master Chef Goh Chee Kong’s creation boasts melt-in-the-mouth pork belly which has been seasoned with garlic, ginger and spring onions, then tenderly slow-cooked for five hours. Sichuan pickled cabbage and fresh chillies are added to the dish, which is then further steamed for two hours to achieve a perfect blend of salty and tangy flavours. For the final flourish, the pork is snugly wrapped in Tianjin cabbage, steamed for ten minutes, then served with sea cucumber, Australian 10-head abalones, dried oysters, dried scallops, flower mushrooms and ‘fa cai’ (black moss) on a bed of Tianjin cabbage.
5) Braised Abalone with Sea Treasures in Claypot 富贵金鲍百花海参煲 $248 for six persons (Dine-in and takeaway* at Min Jiang) – Brimming with Australian 10-head abalones, sea cucumber stuffed with pork and prawn paste, dried scallops, hairy gourd, Chinese cabbage and ‘fa cai’ (black moss), this dish offers savoury decadence in a pot.
6) Durian ‘Nian Gao’ Roll 榴梿年糕卷 $28 for 2 rolls (Available for dine-in and takeaway* at Min Jiang and Min Jiang at One-North) – Fans of the thorny fruit can rejoice with the hotel’s new creation of luscious D24 durian paste embraced by layers of divine ‘gula Melaka’-infused ‘nian gao’ and sprinkled with coconut flakes.
Available for dine-in and takeaway from 5 February to 5 March 2015 at Min Jiang and Min Jiang at One-North)
7) Prosperity ‘Fa Cai’ 8 Treasures Duck 发财八宝葫芦鸭 $188 for eight to ten persons
Introduced in 2009 by Master Chef Goh Chee Kong from Min Jiang at One-North, this popular one-pot delicacy comprises boneless duck stuffed with ‘eight treasures’; ‘ling zhi’ mushrooms, flower mushrooms, sea cucumber, dried scallops, euryale seeds (芡实), black moss, fresh chestnuts and water chestnuts.
8) Claypot Reunion Rice 五谷丰收庆团圆砂煲腊味饭 $78 for four to six persons, $118 for eight to ten persons This Cantonese specialty crowned with an enticing selection of preserved Chinese pork sausages, liver, waxed duck leg and succulent pork belly is a choice pick for reunion dinner.
9) Prosperity Sea Treasures in Wooden Pot (‘pen cai’) 福贵木盆菜 $368 for six persons
This quintessential dish is an indulgent ‘melting pot’ of top-grade ingredients such as whole Australian abalones, fish maw, black moss, sea cucumber, flower mushrooms, dried oysters, Min Jiang’s homemade roast pork, Tianjin cabbage, fresh scallops and ‘live’ prawns.
NEW LUNAR NEW YEAR GOODIES
Available for takeaway from 29 January to 5 March 2015 at the Deli
1) Blessings of Fortune 金玉满堂 $88/1kg (Available for takeaway at the Deli) – This gorgeous creation may just be the start of one’s good fortune! Impeccably handmade by Pastry Chef Joe Tan and his talented team, this stunning showpiece is a sturdy dark chocolate fudge cake adorned with crimson and gold icing, milk chocolate gold coins, dark chocolate ingots and golden rice crispies.
2) Golden Prosperity Pumpkin 发财金瓜 $88/1kg (Available for takeaway at the Deli) – Absolutely adorable and sure to bring smiles around the table is this gleaming rotund pumpkin cashew nut cake that is suitably dense and coated with gold icing.
POPULAR LUNAR NEW YEAR GOODIES
Available for takeaway from 29 January to 5 March 2015 at the Deli
3) ‘Bak Kwa’ $50 for 600g and $78 for 1kg – Marinated in a proprietary blend of spices and barbecued by the hotel’s Chinese chefs, the moreish ‘bak kwa’ is sold pre-cut in small slices for convenience.
4) Duo of Prosperity Fish (Mango with Pomelo and Sago & Durian Pudding) $108 for ten persons – Ideal as a gift or for enjoying as a befitting sweet finale, this auspicious pair is brimming with tropical fruit flavours. Guests can also opt to purchase a pair of Durian Pudding fishes for $118.
5) Traditional New Year Cookies and Chips $19.80 to $24.80 per jar – Goodwood Park Hotel’s all-time favourite festive snacks that have garnered a loyal following include Macadamia & Chocolate Cookies, Cashew Nut Cookies, Almond Cookies, Yam Chips and the wildly-popular ‘Chiku’ (arrowhead) Chips.
PROSPERITY ‘YU SHENG’
Available for Dine-in and takeaway from 5 February to 5 March 2015 at Min Jiang and Min Jiang at One-North & takeaway at the Deli
Six varieties of ‘yu sheng’ are also available and each offers different seafood with refreshing julienne vegetables such as white turnips, carrots, yam as well as accompaniments like pickled ginger and jellyfish in a zesty homemade sauce.
- Ikan Parang and/or Salmon (Small – $60 / Large – $96)
- Abalone (Small – $78 / Large – $148)
- Lobster (Small – $118 / Large – $198)
- Vegetarian (Small – $42 / Large – $72)
PROSPERITY SET MENUS AT MIN JIANG AND MIN JIANG AT ONE-NORTH
Available from 5 February to 5 March 2015
Dine-in set menus for festive feasting featuring a lavish selection of delicacies at both lauded restaurants are priced from $98 to $128 per person (menu for minimum two persons), and range from $788 to $1688 per table of ten persons. Vegetarian set menu options are also available.
For celebrations at home, a 6-Course Festive Treasures Takeaway Set Menu with Prosperity Sea Treasures in Wooden Pot as the highlight, is available at $498 for six persons. Prosperity ‘yu sheng’ is included in all dine-in and takeaway set menus.
WINDSOR BALLROOM CHINESE NEW YEAR EVE REUNION CELEBRATION
Available on 18 February 2015
Celebrate the all-important reunion dinner at the resplendent Windsor Ballroom with two winning set menus priced from $688 for a table of six persons to $988 for a table of ten persons.
Festive Dining at L’Espresso
Available from 18 February – 22 February 2015
1st seating: 12noon – 2.30pm, 2nd seating: 3pm – 5.30pm.
The ever-popular English Afternoon Tea buffet is a great alternative for those who want something other than the usual Chinese fare. Lunar New Year treats such as Salmon & Hamachi ‘Yu Sheng’, Roast Pork Belly with BBQ Sweet Sauce, ‘ Nian Gao’ with Yam Beignet as well as Crispy Chicken coated with Pork Floss will be added to the buffet for a festive touch.
Goodwood Park Hotel offers you a chance to take a break from the Chinese New Year bustle with a stay in an iconic heritage hotel right in the heart of the city. Rates start from $248++ for deluxe room stay only or $288++ per room per night include buffet breakfast for two, available from 16 January to 28 February 2015. You can also enjoy additional perks during the festive period.
– 10% off à la carte hair services and treatments (excluding Brazilian treatments) at Georgina’s salon.
– An upgrade to Deluxe Mayfair Room or Deluxe Poolside/Tower Room or Poolside Suite at an additional $30 or $50 or $175 per room per night respectively.
More details on the Lunar New Year Treasures 2015 special offers and promotions can be found on the Goodwood Park Hotel official website.
GOODWOOD PARK HOTEL
Address: 22 Scotts Road, Singapore 228221
MIN JIANG AT SCOTTS
Address: Goodwood Park Hotel, 22 Scotts Road, Singapore 228221
Reservations: 6730 1704
MIN JIANG AT ONE-NORTH
Address: No. 5 Rochester Park, Singapore 139216
L’ESPRESSO AT GOODWOOD PARK
Reservations: 6730 1743
Phone : 6730 1786